Minitube icon design contest
Even if no one actually complained, I always had the feeling that the Minitube icon could be made better. So I fired Inkscape and well, I failed. I tend to forget I’m no graphic artist. So let’s make an experiment and see if I can reach out to some capable icon designer.
I hereby announce the Minitube icon design contest!
- The icon must be in SVG format and render correctly with Inkscape.
- The icon license must be Debian-compatible.
- I’d like to keep the “blue screen” concept because users are used to it. But this is not a strict requirement.
- It’s ok to start from the current SVG icon
What you get
- You get credited in the About box, in the release notes and on this blog.
- You get 5 licenses for the Mac version, for you and your friends.
Send your icons to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 30, 2010 at midnight. I reserve to keep the current icon if there is no better proposal. I’ll publish the proposals (if any) so everyone can comment on them.
I’m not sure how many icon designers read this blog, probably none. So, if you care about a better icon for Minitube, it is important that you spread the word about the contest!
Contest submissions can be seen here.