Minitube YouTube desktop application
Watch YouTube videos in a new way: you type a keyword, Minitube gives you an endless video stream.
Minitube is not about cloning the YouTube website, it aims to create a new TV-like experience. Read more
- Light on your computer By consuming less CPU, Minitube preserves battery life and keeps your laptop cool. That's because Minitube does not use the Flash Player.
- High Definition Go full-screen and watch HD videos play smoothly.
- Channel subscriptions Subscribe to YouTube channels and be notified of new videos. No need to login with a YouTube account: Minitube takes care of it.
- Stop fiddling Just search for something. Minitube automatically plays videos one after another. Sit back and enjoy.
Mac OS X
Works on OS X 10.6 or better.
Also available on the Mac App Store.
- Debian & Ubuntu build by yourself.
- Help translating Minitube to your native language! You can do it online on Transifex.
- Need help? Found a bug? Have a suggestion? Head over to the Forums.
My kids just love this app! Easy to use and a great interface... just love it!WimDS
If you're looking for a way to check out YouTube clips outside the browser, it's a really elegant solutionLifehacker
Makes it impossible to stop watching videos when what you should be doing is writing that program's review.PCWorld
It's a terrific app that eliminates the need to poke around YouTube's Web site and navigate through a sea of ads, comments, and related videos you may not care about.OStatic
Minitube allows you to search for videos in a breeze without any complications in between.AppYourMac
It sort of subtly changes your perception of what's going on.Linux Format
It's been a long time since I found a program that works out of the box and does what the blurb says it should. Minitube belongs on every multimedia PC.Linux Magazine
I believe you succeeded well in your goal to make watching videos more like the experience of watching television, and more enjoyable.Tim
I will be installing a copy of Minitube om my Mother's PC. I think Minitube would be a terrific way to introduce her to the world of Internet video. She really LOVES television, so I think she will like using Minitube as well.Tim
My 4 years old is a big fan of Minitube ;-)Roberto
A clean, modern interface and no requirement of third party plug-ins makes this program an invaluable toolTomaaato
My dad has even told me that this is without a doubt the program that he spends most of his time on (he does other things, but this is almost constantly open in another space playing some traditional Italian music or 1930s comedies).Tomaaato
Great app! Was hesitant to buy, but it did what it said and was exactly what I was after!James Bedford
Works very well and is genuinely useful.Allan Campbell
At first, I was skeptical of the utility of Minitube. After installing it, and running it, I 'get' the purpose, and would gladly recommend itWill, Stormfront Tech
Was dubious to buy ... sounded basic... but thats the clever thing - it is! choose you search subject and off you go... continious material on that subject - Simples! well worth it!Murtha Piggott
Minitube focuses on a pleasing overall experience, not on having tons of features. Anyway here's a list:
- Channel subscriptions without using a YouTube account
- Find missing parts of a multipart video
- Take video snapshots at full resolution
- Sort videos by relevance, date, view count and rating
- Filter videos by publication date, video duration and video quality
- Choose the maximum video resolution up to 1080p
- Editable playlist: drag'n'drop and remove videos
- Search by keyword, channel name or paste a YouTube link. Suggestions while typing.
- Spell suggestions: "Did you mean..."
- Remembers recent keywords and channels. These can be cleared if needed.
- YouTube categories: “Most Popular”, “Music”, “Games”, etc.
- Related videos
- Compact mode: a small, always-on-top window
- Fullscreen mode: mouse cursor, toolbar and playlist autohide
- Float on top
- Stop after this video option
- Copy YouTube link to clipboard
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, Buffer and via email
- Translated to more than 30 languages including German, French, Italian, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew and Chinese.