This is a patched version of the Jakarta Standard Tag Library
which implements the JSTL 1.1 specification. This patch makes the XML tags run 100 times faster. I wrote almost no code, I just reverted the XPathUtil class to a previous version and managed to compile the whole thing.
Originally the Standard Taglib used the Jaxen XPath processor. With version 1.1 the project switched to Xalan, decreasing performance by a factor of 100. At my company we chose to use JSTL and we’re really happy about it. But our sites must work now, so I put together this patched version. I hope to be able to use the official version very soon. In the meanwhile, if you’re using JSTL in a production environment give this version a try.
I submitted this patch to the Standard Taglib developers but it was refused because it implies a dependency on Jaxen. Here’s the original thread on the taglibs-dev at jakarta.apache.org mailing list.
To install over an existing webapp just drop in the
standard-*.*.*-patched.jar and remove
You also need
jaxen-*.*.jar from the Jaxen project.
- standard-1.1.2-patched-jaxen-1.1.jar (works with Jaxen 1.1)
- The modified source file (org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.xml.XPathUtil) (works with Jaxen 1.1)
- standard-1.1.2-patched.jar (works with Jaxen 1.0)
- standard-1.1.1-patched.jar (works with Jaxen 1.0)
- The modified source file (org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.xml.XPathUtil) (works with Jaxen 1.0)