wrong display of compilation album tracks info

Home Forums Musique Forums Feature Requests wrong display of compilation album tracks info

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    amitk

Hi Flavio,
    Really enjoying this software, awesome work!

I’ve noticed that Musique has trouble with compilation albums. It mixes up between the track Artist Name and the Compilation Artist Name (which is usually “Various Artists”).

So for instance, I have an album called “The Boat that Rocked” (it’s a OST), it’s a compilation album. Under Banshee I’ve edited the ID3 tags and made all tracks have the same Compilation Artist Name (“Various Artists”), but different Artist Name for each track.

In Musique:
    1. There’s an artist entry named Various Artists, although when clicked, there are no songs under it
    2. When searching for the album in the search box, it’s there with all song names
    3. When a single track is dragged to the playlist, the title above the track (the grey “heading”) reads “[Album Name] – [Artist Name]” (correct behaviour)
    4. When adding more tracks from the same album, they are all listed under the same “heading” (wrong behaviour, cos these tracks have different artists)
    5. When deleting the first track from the list, the grey “heading” changes to represent the Artist Name of the new first track

I leave it to you to think what would be the best display here: display the Compilation Artist name if it exists? Display Artist Name, and change the heading for each track in the playlist? Not sure what’s best…

#13443 Reply
    amitk

forgot some technical details…
    I’m on Ubuntu 12.04 with Musique 1.1

#13446 Reply
    Flavio
    Keymaster

Hi Amitk, Musique currently has no notion of a compilation artist. I’ll see what can be done in the future about this.

#13454 Reply
    amitk

shouldv’e added this under “feature request”?…
    sorry :)

#13979 Reply
    Knd

*facepalm* Have you even seen any of these cartoons?Flibber-o-loo is an adaatption of the Good Samaritan parable (Luke 10:30-35)John 16:13 ( No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends )and Jesus’ crucifixion are a the moral basis for The Great Pie Warand Matthew 6:24 ( You cannot serve both God and wealth ) and so many other versesconfirm Madame Blueberry as a very morally sound tale that God must come before anything else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: wrong display of compilation album tracks info
Your information: