Working a long long time to process a huge iTunes lib

Home Forums Finetune Forums Troubleshooting Working a long long time to process a huge iTunes lib

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GiHerr

Dear,

I bought FineTune to clean my huge iTunes Database of 160 Gb (around 16000 tracks).
    At the starting process, it displays 2 hours to process the entire lib. It’s running now since 13 hours. Each tracks are now processed with 8 seconds…
    I started the process by selecting the starting directory of my iTunes music.
    FineTune does not responding when i select my iTunes directory.

It seems to be a very long time to process the entire lib. Is there a limit for FineTune ?

thanks in advance for your help and support.

Best regards

#94340 Reply
    Flavio
    Keymaster

Hi, 8 seconds per track seems a bit slow. Two things: You can select individual folders to avoid scanning the whole collection at once. Second, Finetune caches its data so if you stop it and run it another time, it will be much faster.

#94342 Reply
    GiHerr

Hi,

thanks, it looks a long time but now 9400 tracks are being fixed.
    What is the difference between cannot fixed / don’t fix and unsure ?

best regards

#94343 Reply
    GiHerr

Hi,

thanks it looks a long time but now 9400 tracks are being fixed.

What is the difference between Ready to fix / don’t fix / cannot fix / unsure ?

best regards

#94353 Reply
    Flavio
    Keymaster

Ready to fix means Finetune has found data for the track and is going to apply the changes.

Don’t fix means Finetune has found data for the track but is not going to apply the changes because of incomplete album or user choice.

Don’t fix means Finetune has not found data for the track.

Unsure is just a temporary status while Finetune is working.

#94799 Reply
    silop

I have a similar problem. My library is about 50K songs. When I select the “Fix iTunes Library” option, FineTune crashes during initial scan. For a large library it would be much better if one could select Albums/tracks/genres/artist from iTunes or multiple folder at the same time in a directory.

#96026 Reply
    Flavio
    Keymaster

Since version 1.2 Finetune splits the processing of large libraries into multiple steps. So this problem should be solved by now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #94342 in Working a long long time to process a huge iTunes lib
Your information: