Skipping through videos AGAIN

Home Forums Minitube Forums Troubleshooting Skipping through videos AGAIN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blodwyn

I’m still getting my problem where my subscriptions are not getting refreshed, and now the stuff I search for doesn’t play. Minitube just scrolls down the list without actually playing any of them. This is happening on my Mac mini running the latest version of Mojave. I made a fresh install on another Mac mini running High Sierra and the same thing happens there. I’ve just installed it on a Windows 10 system and the same happens there too. Something is broken upstream – Flavio, can you PLEASE fix this.

#102387 Reply
    Doug McMahon

Changes to youtube today broke it..

#102388 Reply
    Elias

Confirmed, it is broken again.

#102389 Reply
    Elias

It’s only fallen for some videos, it does not depend on the date or channel, it seems like random.
    Same problem with VLC Player and SmPlayer.

Minitube output: “[unknown] Cannot get video info
    [unknown] QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver”

VlC Player output: “lua stream error: Couldn’t extract youtube video URL, please check for updates to this script”

#102391 Reply
    Elias

It’s working Ok now.
    There is a new update for youtube-dl library:

youtube-dl 2019.09.12.1-1
    http://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

Tested on Vlc, Mpv, Minitube, Gtk Youtube Viewer.
    Aviable at Arch oficial repository, update your SO.

#102392 Reply
    blodwyn

Happy to report that the videos are playing again, BUT, my subscriptions are still not refreshing. I have about 120 subscribed channels and checking these out individually is a pain. Not as much of a pain as doing it via the YouTube website (what an absolutely TERRIBLE experience that is), but a pain nevertheless.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Skipping through videos AGAIN
Your information: