Minitube 1.8 released
This release brings a much enhanced Compact Mode. The Compact Mode window now remembers its own size and position and can be made smaller than before. It also stays automatically on top of other windows.
The video title and description that Minitube briefly shows at video start now have an adaptive font size so they look good both in Compact Mode and Full Screen.
As for the recent Musictube release, Ubuntu and GNOME 3 users get a shiny new Quicklist.
This release fixes a bug with videos not being downloaded on Linux with Qt 4.8 and works around GStreamer stopping playback in the middle of a video.
Unfortunately many recent Linux distributions (including Ubuntu 12.04) have a GStreamer bug that prevents many applications from playing MPEG4 videos. While we wait for the bug to be fixed, here’s a simple workaround.
- Enhanced Compact Mode: window on top, can be made smaller and remembers its own position
- Adaptive video title font size
- Unity & GNOME 3 actions (aka Quicklists)
- Mac Sandbox support
- Added missing menu item to restore hidden window, as per the OS X HIG
- More responsive UI while loading videos on the Mac
- Selecting a recent keyword now also sets the searchbox text
- Selecting a suggestion now also sets the searchbox text on the Mac
- Fixed duplicate channel names in suggestions popup
- Fixed playback not starting or being interrupted on Linux
- Fixed search box being erroneously focused on the Mac
- Fixed wrong localization of some menu items on the Mac
- New and updated translations