Video only flashes and then stay black screen

Home Forums Minitube Forums Troubleshooting Video only flashes and then stay black screen

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Teshi 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Teshi

Hello, I have problem with disappearing video. So when I start playing some video, it appears for few seconds and then it shows only black screen. If I go to full-screen mode, the video appears for few seconds again, so the same when I return back by press Esc key. I’ve had a similar problem with vlc player, but that fixed setting Output to “X11 video output (XCB)”.
    Any suggestions what I could try? Thanks.
    It is on Xubuntu 16.04

#95182 Reply

Teshi

I found the solution by removing all phonon packages and install only phonon-backend-vlc and phonon4qt5-backend-vlc, so the video displays now until I move cursor from minitube window (missing Xlib, could not find that package anywhere), but still better than nothing =)

I now noticed on GitHub “A word about Phonon on Linux” but I thought it is better to have installed many packages so the application could choose one, than have one missing… Ok I was wrong.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Video only flashes and then stay black screen
Your information: